Fiscal Court Agenda for 5/11/23
Warren County Fiscal Court Agenda
Thursday, May 11, 2023 | 9:00 AM
1. Invocation, Pastor Jacob Holmes, CenterPointe Church
2. Pledge to the flag
3. Roll call
4. Approve minutes of the Fiscal Court meeting on April 28, 2023.
5. Approve work schedule for the Warren County Road Department.
6. Approve personnel changes for Warren County.
7. Recognize Warren East High School percussion ensemble for being named the 2023 Winter Guard International world champions.
8. Secondary Rural Roads discussion led by KY Department of Highways (Magon Anderson, Stuart Payton and Joe Plunk).
9. Sheriff Hightower to present Evan Cook with certificate of promotion.
10. Approve renaming of the lake at Basil Griffin park the Jesse Thornton Lake.
11. Approve second and final reading of Ordinance #23-29 establishing Labrador Drive, Tundra Avenue, and Deluth Drive, located in Northridge Subdivision Phase 12 as county roads and authorizing maintenance thereon and setting speed limits thereon.
12. Approve second and final reading of Ordinance #23-30 Rezoning property located at the Northwest Corner of Nashville Road and Richpond-Rockfield Road from (AG) Agriculture and HB (Highway Business) to GB (General Business) and AG (Agriculture) containing approximately 2.89 acres and presently owned by Neel Dillard, Kay Dillard, and June Hayden.
13. Approve second and final reading of Ordinance #23-31WC Rezoning property located at 6427 Old Scottsville Road and 0 Scottsville Road from (AG) Agriculture and R-E (Residential Estate) to RM-3 (Townhouse/Multi-Family Residential) containing approximately 1.78 acres and presently owned by Barry Jones and Cynthia Jones.
14. Approve second and final reading of Ordinance #23-32WC authorizing a lighting agreement between Warren Rural Electric Cooperative Corporation and Harmony Subdivision, Section 1.
15. Grant Judge Executive authority to sign the Byrne/JAG Grant application and all related documents for the Drug Task Force grant funding application.
16. Approve the Q3 financial report for the Hadley Volunteer Fire Department.
17. Approve the 2-1-1 report for April 2023.
18. Approve first reading of Ordinance #23-33 Setting aside Ordinance 23-24WC and Rezoning property located at 209 Massey Road from AG (Agriculture) to RR (Rural Residential) containing approximately 5.32 acres and presently owned by Wesley and Farrah Lambert. (This correction is due to a clerical error).
19. Approve first reading of Ordinance #23-34WC Rezoning property located at 165 Girkin Road (portion) from AG (Agriculture) to R-E (Residential Estate) containing approximately 1.00 acre and presently owned by Phillip Moore and Mary Beth Moore Collins.
20. Approve first reading of Ordinance #23-35WC Rezoning property located at 0 Long Road & 1205 Matlock Road from AG (Agriculture) to R-E (Residential Estate) and RS-1B (Single Family Residental) containing approximately 11.1070 acres and presently owned by Thomas J. and Georgia R. Blevins.
21. Approve first reading of Ordinance #23-36WC Rezoning property located at 0 & 886 Girkin Road (former address) from AG and R-E (Residential Estate) to R-E (Residential Estate) containing approximately 27.9933 acres and presently owned by Sandra Duvall.
22. Approve first reading of Ordinance #23-37WC Rezoning property located at 2177 Woodburn-Allen Springs Road (portion) from AG (Agriculture) to R-E (Residential Estate) containing approximately 1.45 acres and presently owned by Kelley and Shirley Roberts.
23. Approve first reading of Ordinance #23-38WC Rezoning property located at 0 Morgantown Road from RS-1A (Single Family Residential) to RM-4 (Multi-Family Residential) containing approximately 16.49 acres and presently owned by Jeffrey Moore.
24. Approve first reading of Ordinance #23-39WC Rezoning property located at 0 Scottsville Road (portion) from RS-1C (Single Family Residential) to OP-C (Office and Professional - Commercial) containing approximately .91 acres and property located at 0 Sunflower Lane (portion) from OP-C (Office and Professional – Commercial) to RS-1C (Single Family Residential) containing approximately .35 acres and presently owned by Eastwood Baptist Church, Inc. & VISAAC LLC, c/o mike Vitale.
25. Approve determination in the amount of $4,436.04 to Dell for the purchase of three (3) computers for Warren County Emergency Management. (This is state price contract, a budgeted item, and will replace (2) 2017 model PCs and one (1) 2016 model PC.)
26. Authorize Judge Executive to sign all documents relating to the Court Facilities Local Government Reimbursement Form for fiscal year 2024.
27. Authorize Judge Executive to sign all documents relating to the Kentucky Transportation Cabinet Roadway Centerline Maintenance Program Local Official Review Acknowledgement.
28. Approve determination in the amount of $4,525.92 to Wayne’s Body Shop for repairs to a 2020 Chevrolet Silverado #55 damaged by the road department. (Three quotes were received. This was the lowest and best.)
29. Approve March 2023 Treasurer’s Report.
30. Approve determination in the amount of $12,500.00 to Sam Ford for the Civic Imagination Future of Bowling Green leadership planning session.
31. Approve determination in the amount of $15,000.00 to Reynolds Sealing and Striping for painting and re-striping the parking garage. (This is state price contract.)
32. Approve health insurance plans for 2023-2024 Fiscal Year.
Brett Hightower, Sheriff
Lynette Yates, County Clerk
Stephen Harmon, Jailer
Chris Kummer, Executive Director, Parks & Recreation
Josh Moore, Public Works Director
Holly Warren, Contractor’s Licensing Board
Ronnie Pearson, Director, Emergency Management
Tommy Loving, Executive Director, Drug Task Force
Joshua R. Hardy, Property Valuation Administrator
Ben Peterson, Executive Director, Planning & Zoning
James Marcrum, Superintendent WC Justice Center