Fiscal Court Agenda 10/26/23
Warren County Fiscal Court Agenda
Thursday, October 26, 2023 | 9:00 AM
1. Invocation, Kenneth Grizzell, Senior Preaching Minister at Greenwood Park Church of Christ.
2. Pledge to the flag
3. Roll call
4. Approve minutes of the Fiscal Court meeting on October 12, 2023.
5. Approve work schedule for the Warren County Road Department.
6. Approve personnel changes for Warren County.
7. Approve determination in the amount of $3,527.00 to Miracle Recreation for the purchase of 6 park benches for Ephram White and Ed Spear walking trails. (This is State Contract Pricing).
8. Approve determination in the amount of $2,534.88 to Gary Force Body Shop for the repair of a 2022 Ford Ranger owned by Parks and Rec that was struck in a parking lot. (Three quotes were obtained. This was the lowest and best.)
9. Approve the September 2023 Treasurer’s Report.
10. Authorize Warren County Jailer to sign addendum to the current contract with West KY Correctional Healthcare (dba C3) for additional medical services. This addendum will allow for an additional 84 hours per week of nursing services at new base rate of $1,377,655.00 per year.
11. Approve submission of 2024 Illegal Open Dump Grant Application and grant Judge/Executive authority to sign all related documents.
12. Grant authority to advertise for illegal open dump cleanup contractors and proposals for 2024.
13. Make a part of the record the illegal open dump cleanup grant closure report for 2023.
14. Approve determination in the amount of $2,500 to the City of Bowling Green for a Downtown Lights Up Sponsorship.
15. Approve determination in the amount of $3229.50 to E.F.I. for guardrail replacement at Shaker Mill Rd and Cemetery Rd. for the safety of citizens. (This is a single source vendor).
16. Approve Order 23-24 Reappointing Roddy Grimes and Jim Ed Holland to the Contractors Licensing Board.
17. Approve first reading of Ordinance #23-65WC Rezoning property located at 0 Lodge Hall Road from AG (Agriculture) to R-E (Residential Estate) containing approximately 3.651 acres and presently owned by Handy Homes LLC c/o Mathew & Adrian Hardy; Jeffrey & Shelly Anderson (owners) and Brandon Jones & Madison Holloway (applicants).
18. Approve first reading of Ordinance #23-66WC Rezoning property located at 0 AnnaSandhill Road from AG (Agriculture) to R-E (Residential Estate) containing approximately 2.70 acres and presently owned by Handy Homes LLC c/o Mathew & Adrian Hardy; Jeffrey & Shelly Anderson.
19. Approve mutual agency agreement with Living Hope Baptist Church for use of their recreation center basketball courts during the upcoming basketball season by Parks and Rec (Dec 2023 through February 29, 2024) and authorize Judge to sign all related documents.
20. Approve mutual agency agreement with the Bowling Green Warren County Regional Airport for their use of WCPRD snowplows and RC Mower (renewal from previous year contract) for assistance in airport operations. and authorize Judge to sign all related documents.
21. Approve updated and amended Bluegrass Landscape contract to reflect a change of ownership to Kyle Rigsby. All other terms and conditions remain the same, including expiration date.
22. Make part of the record the updated 2023-2024 WCPRD Sport Charter Agreement utilized with all sanctioned league programs that use WCPRD property as well as the updated special event/tournament application, contract, and security contract utilized by WCPRD for all special event/tournament groups.
23. Grant authority to Parks and Rec to advertise for bids for new playground equipment at Ephram White Park due to equipment age and safety concerns.
24. Approve exoneration for Carter Lumber in the amount of $1,282.97 for the Warren County Sheriff’s Office.
25. Approve exoneration for Greenview Hospital in the amount of $1,902.46 for the Warren County Sheriff's Office.
26. Accept bid from MissionCIT, LLC for the Fire Service Consultant project in the amount of $48,300.00. (Three bids were received. This was the best evaluated bid and is $4,700.00 under budget.)
27. Approve budget transfers for Warren County.
28. Approve determination in the amount of $96,951.00 to the Warren County Downtown Economic Development Authority to be made from the Warren County Incremental Revenue for the Downtown TIF for the period ended 12/31/2022.
Brett Hightower, Sheriff
Lynette Yates, County Clerk
Stephen Harmon, Jailer
Chris Kummer, Executive Director, Parks & Recreation
Josh Moore, Director, Public Works
Nikki Koller, Director, Stormwater
Holly Warren, Contractor’s Licensing Board
Ronnie Pearson, Director, Emergency Management
Tommy Loving, Executive Director, Drug Task Force
Joshua R. Hardy, Property Valuation Administrator
Ben Peterson, Executive Director, Planning & Zoning
James Marcrum, Superintendent, WC Justice Center