Fiscal Court Agenda 8-12-2022
Jason Keller with Charter Communications will be on Zoom to give an update on the progress in Warren County with Cable.
For those who have work responsibilities and/or don’t need to attend the meeting in person, can join by Zoom.
WARREN COUNTY FISCAL COURT
FRIDAY, AUGUST 12, 2022
1. Invocation, Esquire Mark Young.
2. Pledge to the Flag
3. Roll Call
4. Approve Minutes of the Fiscal Court Meeting of July 26, 2022.
5. Approve Work Schedule for the Warren County Road Department.
6. Approve Personnel Changes for Warren County.
7. Approve RESOLUTION NO. 22-27 A RESOLUTION OF THE Fiscal Court OF Warren County, Kentucky (“COUNTY”), ENCOURAGING AND INDUCING OWENS-BROCKWAY GLASS CONTAINER, INC., ITS AFFILIATES, SUCCESSORS AND/OR ASSIGNS (THE “COMPANY”), TO PROCEED WITH THE ACQUISITION, DEVELOPMENT, CONSTRUCTION, AND OPERATION OF AN INDUSTRIAL BUILDING, BY AGREEING TO UNDERTAKE THE ISSUANCE OF INDUSTRIAL BUILDING REVENUE BONDS, IN AN AGGREGATE PRINCIPAL AMOUNT NOT TO EXCEED $239,330,000, ISSUED IN ONE OR MORE SERIES AND/OR DENOMINATIONS (“BONDS”); AGREEING TO A MEMORANDUM OF AGREEMENT, LEASE, AND A PAYMENT IN LIEU OF TAXES AGREEMENT, SUBJECT TO FINAL APPROVAL OF AN INCENTIVE PACKAGE PROVIDED BY THE COMMONWEALTH OF KENTUCKY; AND AGREEING TO TAKE SUCH OTHER ACTION AS NECESSARY OR REQUIRED TO AUTHORIZE THE ISSUANCE OF THE BONDS.
8. Approve Recommendation from Solid Waste Committee regarding proposal received from Waste Management of Kentucky, LLC to Collect, Transport and Dispose of Commercial and Industrial Solid Waste Within Warren County, Kentucky.
9. Approve 1st Reading of Ordinance #22-53WC An Ordinance Amending Ordinance #22-45WC Relating to Non-Exclusive Franchises to Collect-Transport and Dispose of Commercial and Industrial SolidWaste Within Warren County, Kentucky.
10. Approve 2nd & Final Reading of Ordinance #22-43WC An Ordinance Relating to An Exclusive Franchise to Collect, Transport and Dispose of Residential Solid Waste Within The City of Bowling Green, Kentucky.
11. Approve 2nd & Final Reading of Ordinance #22-44WC An Ordinance Relating to Non-Exclusive Franchises to Collect, Transport and Dispose of Residential Solid Waste Within Warren County, Outside The City of Bowling Green, Kentucky.,
12. Approve 2nd & Final Reading of Ordinance #22-45WC An Ordinance Relating to Non-Exclusive Franchise to Collect, Transport and Dispose of Commercial and Industrial Solid Waste Within Warren County, Kentucky.
13. Approve 2nd & Final Reading of Ordinance #22-46WC An Ordinance Relating to Franchise to Collect, Transport and Resale or Reuse Residential Recyclable Materials within Warren County Kentucky.
14. Approve 2nd & Final Reading of Ordinance #22-39WC Rezoning Property located at 0 Collett Road from R-E (Residential Estate) to RS-1D (Single Family Residential) containing approximately 1.54+/- and presently owned by Motley Trading Co., LLC.
15. Approve 2nd & Final Reading of Ordinance #22-40WC Establishing Bale Twine Court located in Stuart Farms Subdivision as a County Road and Authorizing Maintenance thereon & Setting Speed Limits thereon.
16. Approve 2nd & Final Reading of Ordinance #22-41WC Rezoning Property located at 158 and 303 Clearfork Church Spur Road from AG (Agriculture) to R-E (Residential Estate) and R-R (Rural Residential) containing approximately 4.571 +/- Acres and presently owned by Clear Fork Baptist Church.
17. Approve 2nd & Final Reading of Ordinance #22-42WC REZONING PROPERTY LOCATED AT 0, 247, 385 PLANO ROAD FROM AG (AGRICULTURE) TO RM-4 (MULTI-FAMILY RESIDENTIAL) AND OP-C (OFFICE AND PROFESSIONAL – COMMERCIAL) CONTAINING APPROXIMATELY 43.12 +/- ACRES AND PRESENTLY OWNED BY KATHERINE DIEMER, PATRICIA CHANDLER AND B & S ENTERPRISES, LLC.
18. Approve the 4th Quarter Financial Report for the Hadley Volunteer Fire Department.
19. Make part of the Record the Certification of Equalized Assessment for the Office of Property Valuation.
20. Approve the Bowling Green Independent School District School Resource Officer
Agreement with the Warren County Sheriff’s Office to provide two (2) School
Resource Officers for the Bowling Green Independent School District. They will pay
100% of the cost associated with these two additional officers including salary,
insurance, FICA, cell phone, uniforms, vehicle and expenses for fuel and maintenance,
conference trainings and overtime.
21. Approve Determination in the amount of $5,684.00 to Donna Rose Company, Inc. for
Fiscal Court Order Books and Ordinance Books. (Single Source)
22. Approve the 2021 Franchise Settlement for the Warren County Sheriff’s Office. The
Sheriff’s Office collected $2,252,767.93 in Franchise Funds for the 2021 year.
23. Grant Judge Executive authority to sign Inspection and Maintenance Agreement of Private Stormwater Management Water Quality Units.
24. Approve Determination in the amount of $219,124.00 to Hobdy, Dye & Read, Inc. for
the purchase of two (2) Kubota Mowing Tractors with implements. (State Price
25. Approve Lowest and Best Bid for 2022 Illegal Open Dump Cleanup totaling
$56,884.07. (B & J Transfer - $11,657.06) – (Blaine & Associates - $20,693.01) & (My
Projects LLC - $24,534.00. (Funded 75% Grant – 25% Local match).
26. Grant Judge Executive authority to sign Contract with the Commonwealth of
Kentucky, Help America Vote Act (HAVA) of 2002 for Reimbursement for the
purchase of voting Equipment in the amount of $202,421.00.
27. Approve Determination in the amount of $3,522.00 to Dell for a Laptop Computer for the Administrative Office - Warren County Parks Department, (Dell Master Contract # 758 1700000776).
28. Grant Authority for Public Works-Division of Environmental Planning & Assistance to apply for Kentucky Illegal Open Dump Grant for 2023 and authorize Judge Executive to sign all complete and related documents. (KY Pride Fund – 75% - PW-DEPA – 25%).
29. Grant Authority for Public Works – Division for Environmental Planning & Assistance to Apply for Kentucky Litter Abatement Grant for 2023 and authorize Judge Executive to sign all related documents. (KY-DEP 100%).
30. Approve Determination in the amount of $28,996.00 to McGee Company for a 30K
Vehicle Lift. This Lift will assist in repairs and maintenance on vehicle. (Three quotes
received – this is lowest and bet quote).
31. Grant authority to Advertise for bids for Right of Way Mowing for Warren County. (County Roads and a Portion of I-65).
32. Approve the 2021 Property Tax Settlement for the Warren County Sheriff’s
Department. (They collected and distributed $90,138,445.93).
33. Approve Order #22-16 Re-Appointing Harold McGuffey, Christian Volkert, Robert
Pitchford and Eric St. John to the Bowling Green-Warren County Airport Board.
34. Approve Resolution #22-26 Accepting Report for County Attorney’s Office – Bad
35. Approve RESOLUTION #22-25 IMPLEMENTING TAX RATE FOR WARREN
COUNTY FOR FISCAL YEAR 2022-2023 ON REAL PROPERTY AT (14.5)
FOURTEEN- AND ONE-HALF CENTS PER $100.00 OF ASSESSED VALUE.
(18.62) EIGHTEEN AND SIXTY-TWO HUNDREDTHS CENTS PER $100.00 OF
ASSESSED VALUE ON PERSONAL PROPERTY; AND (16.2) SIXTEEN AND TWO
TENTHS CENTS PER $100.00 OF ASSESSED VALUE ON MOTOR VEHICLES
AND WATERCRAFT; .00025 CENTS FOR FRANCHISE BANK DEPOSIT TAXES.
36. Approve RESOLUTION #22-28 Implementing the Tax Rates for the Warren
County Library at Real Property 3.9; Personal property 4.72 and Motor Vehicle
4.3; The Warren County Soil Conversation District at Real Property .0025; The
Warren County Health Department at Real Property 2.9 and Personal Property at
2.9 and Motor Vehicles at 2.9 and for the Warren County Extension Office is
Real Property at 0.6000, Tangible Personal Property at 0.8000 and Tangible Inventory
37. Approve Change Order #1 in the amount of $-389,005.56 to Scott. Murphy & Daniel,
LLC for the Road Department Facility. (Modifies contract amount to reflect direct
purchase of material by the Owner and sales tax savings).
38. Approve Determination in the amount of $6,060.00 to Yager Materials for 200 tons of
sand to top dress 8 ballfields at Buchanon Park. (There quotes received – this is lowest
and best quote).
39. Approve 1st Reading of ORDINANCE #22-47WC REZONING PROPERTY
LOCATED AT 0 FREEPORT ROAD FROM AG (AGRICULTURE) TO HI (HEAVY
INDUSTRIAL) CONTAINING APPROXIMATELY 300.05 ACRES AND
PRESENTLY OWNED BY TALGARREG FARM PARTNERSHIP, LLLP ET AL.
40. Approve 1st Reading of ORDINANCE # 22-48WC REZONING PROPERTY
LOCATED AT THE INTERSECTION OF SMITH GROVE-SCOTTSVILLE ROAD
& MARTINSVILLE ROAD FROM AG (AGRICULTURE) TO R-E (RESIDENTIAL
ESTATE) CONTAINING APPROXIMATELY 5.13 ACRES AND PRESENTLY
OWNED BY JS PROPERTY HOLDINGS, LLC.
41. Approve 1st Reading of Ordinance #22-49WC REZONING PROPERTY LOCATED AT
0 LOUISVILLE ROAD FROM AG (AGRICULTURE) TO R-E (RESIDENTIAL
ESTATE) CONTAINING APPROXIMATELY 5.34 ACRES AND PRESENTLY
OWNED BY GARY ALAN HUNT.
42. Approve 1st Reading of Ordinance #22-50WC REZONING PROPERTY LOCATED AT
0 GLASGOW ROAD & 0 LOVING ROAD FROM AG (AGRICULTURE) &R-E
(RESIDENTIAL ESTATE) TO RS-1D (SINGLE FAMILY RESIDENTIAL)
CONTAINING APPROXIMATELY 58.939 ACRES AND PRESENTLY OWNED BY
C & T PROPERTIES, LLC.
43. Approve 1st Reading of Ordinance #22-51WC REZONING PROPERTY LOCATED
AT 3720 H. E. JOHNSON ROAD FROM AG (AGRICULTURE) TO R-E
(RESIDENTIAL ESTATE) CONTAINING APPROXIMATELY 5.039 ACRES AND
PRESENTLY OWNED BY CO-ADMINISTRATORS OF THE ESTATE OF
DEBORAH KEY HOWELL AND LARRY GLENN HOWELL, DAVID D. GAMMON
AND ELIZABETH ANN RODDY.
44. Approve 1st Reading of Ordinance #22-52WC REZONING PROPERTY LOCATED
AT 312 & 362 COLLETT ROAD FROM R-E (RESIDENTIAL ESTATE) TO RS-1C
SINGLE FAMILY RESIDENTIAL) CONTAINING APPROXIMATELY 2.3945
ACRES AND PRESENTLY OWNED BY ROBERT J. & GLENDA HURT (LOT 1)
AND JONATHAN & LAYLA ELDER (LOT 2).
45. Approve 2-1-1 Report for July, 2022.
46. Approve Agreement with Warren County Conservation District for the Soil Erosion
Control Program in the amount of $25,000.00. (Paid by Stormwater Management).
47. Approve Agreement with Warren County Conservation District for the Dead Stock
Removal Program in the amount of $20,000.00. (Paid by Stormwater Management).
48. Approve Annual Payment in the amount of $20,995.00 to Konexus (formerly Alert
Sense) for annual mass notification system license. (Used by Parks, Sheriff and
Emergency Management Departments).
49. Approve Determination in the amount of $1,875.00 to Diamond Equipment, Inc. for
A bucket for the Stormwater Mini Excavator. (Single Source Provider). (Paid by
50. Approve Determination in the amount of $17,020.00 to Iron Lot, LLC for Trench Boxes
For Stormwater Management. (Three quotes received – this is the lowest and best). (Paid
by Stormwater Management).
51. Grant Authority to solicit quotes for topsoil material for Beautifi65 Improvements and
to execute the lowest and best quote.
52. Approve the Performance Guarantee Savings Report by Energy Systems Group.
53. Approve Leasing two (2) New Ford F150 Truck from Enterprise in the amount of $835.26
per month, per vehicle for the 60-month lease terms. This is to replace the two (2) trucks
ordered in 2021 that were cancelled due to supply chain issues. These new trucks will
replace a current F150 Truck and a Chevrolet Silverado that Enterprise plans on selling
and putting proceeds of sales toward the new truck leases. (These are for the Parks
54. Grant Authority to advertise for Replacement Fencing on the West Side Boundary of
Griffin Park Property Line. (The current fencing is falling apart).
55. Accept the only bid received from Clark Beverage Group for Vending Services at all
Warren County Parks and Recreation Properties. (Does not include concession stand
56. Approve Determination in the amount of $3,841.23 to NCTC for Installation of additional
WIFI Receivers and Connectors to their existing system at Moore Park to allow for WIFI
–-Internet connection at top and bottom of Soap Box Derby Track for the upcoming
National Derby Rally Races. (Single Source).
57. Approve 4th Quarter Financial Report for Warren County.
58. Approve Grant Agreement between Warren County and Aviation Heritage Park for
$100,000.00. Funded by ARPA Funds.
59. Grant Judge Executive authority to sign Inspection and Maintenance Agreement for
water Quality devices at the new Road Department Building. (No cost as Public Works
will do the work).
60. Approve Grant Agreement between Warren County and National Corvette Museum for
$100,000.00. Funded by ARPA Funds.
61. Approve Grant Agreement between Warren County and L & N Depot for $100,000.00.
Funded by ARPA Funds.
Brett Hightower, Sheriff
Lynette Yates, County Clerk
Stephen Harmon, Jailer
Chris Kummer, Executive Director, Parks & Recreation
Josh Moore, Public Works Director
Ronnie Pearson, Director, Emergency Management
Tommy Loving, Executive Director, Drug Task Force
Susan Lewis, PVA Administrator
Bob Appling, Executive Director, Contractor’s Licensing
Ben Peterson, Executive Director, P & Z
James Marcrum, Superintendent WC Justice Center